- Market Research and Analysis of the selected transcription company: The first step for selecting one of the best Medical Transcription Company is to conduct a thorough market research of the company which you think is the right candidate for fulfilling your transcription companies. It includes tapping the resources, verifying the details of the organization and analyzing the details in a thorough professional manner.
- Verifying tenure of the selected transcription company: It is highly essential for medical practitioners to verify the tenure of the selected company. This will help the medical practitioners to gauge the reliability aspect of the company. If it is a recently launched company with a relatively less experience it would be risky for the medical practitioners to transact with them. But if the selected transcription company has been around for a long duration; then it becomes a relatively easier decision to opt for that company.
- Check references of existing customers of the selected transcription company: Medical practitioners need to check the references of existing customers of the selected transcription company. A transcription company with a lengthy clientele will give them an edge over other transcription companies.
- Verify the billing mode of the selected transcription company: The next step is to verify the billing mode of the selected transcription company. Please note that good transcription companies bill their transcription services on the basis of number of lines transcribed. Generally a line consists of 65 characters. Another mode of charging the transcription services is through fixed price method based on number of words in the transcribed file.
- Client Servicing services provided by the selected transcription company: Medical practitioners need to confirm whether the selected medical transcription company provides good client servicing services to the medical practitioners. Good medical transcription companies always take good care of their respective clients by providing toll-free client support representatives that can readily assist medical practitioners with specific concerns or problems.
- Methods of delivering transcription needs of the selected transcription company: The next step is to determine the method of transcribing used by the selected transcription company. Good medical transcription companies always opt for online techniques for transcription needs. This helps the medical practitioners to have a real-time view of the transcribed documents through online medium.
- Normal transcription delivery report of the selected transcription company:Medical Transcription companies provide delivery report of the transcription services to the medical practitioners. Please note that good medical transcription companies offer a maximum delivery report duration of less than 24 hours.
- Delegation of transcription services to foreign countries by the selected transcription company: It is very important to verify whether the selected transcription company outsources their transcription services to foreign countries. This criterion is very important because if the selected transcription company delegates the transcription to a country which is not well versed with English language, the quality of the transcription will go down. It will also make the transcribed document risky for further review. This does not necessarily mean that the selected transcription company is bad as it outsources its transcription needs. But it can be the most important determining factor for selecting the transcription company.
- Quality assurance processes provided by the selected transcription company: It is very important for the medical practitioners to determine the quality assurance processes followed by the selected transcription company. The precision of medical transcription is of utmost importance for the individual information and safety of the patients.
- Criterion of pre-signed contract before initiating the transcription services: Medical transcription companies normally need an assistance agreement contract to be signed before starting the transcription process. These agreements need to signed and read properly so that there is no confusion in the latter part of the business. Normally it is better to clarify the details with the medical transcription companies before entering the contract to avoid any conflict or confusion.
12806 Townepark Way
Louisville, KY 40243-2311
Copyright © 2009. Mediscribes.
Mediscribes is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved.